*USTA Florida and FWB Tennis Center reserve the right to ask a player(s) to leave the facility if not observing the posted Safe Play Guidelines. The Head Pro will be on site to monitor safe play procedures and make sure online reservations are honored.
FWB Tennis Center Safe Play Guidelines:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Stay home if you have come in close contact with someone who has been infected with Covid-19, and contact your healthcare provider for guidance.
- Arrive at the facility close to assigned start time, ready to play, and depart immediately after you finish play.
- Bring your own water bottles, towels, or any other personal equipment and store items inside your tennis bag when not in use.
- Do not share equipment.
- Bring your own chairs (if feasible) and avoid sharing a bench.
- Use headbands, hats, towels or wristbands to avoid touching your face during play.
- Wash hands often (before / after matches) or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
Note: While there is no evidence that Covid-19 can be transmitted by touching tennis balls, potential droplet precautions can be taken to minimize risk while playing tennis, such as washing your hands thoroughly or using hand sanitizer before arriving at and after leaving the court, as well as avoiding touching your face.
- Except as may be otherwise required by your facility or by local guidelines,wear a mask over your nose and mouth at all times, except when you are active on court (or eating and drinking).
- Clearly verbalize score at the start of each point.
- Maintain safe physical distance between players during the racquet spin at the start of a match.
- Maintain physical distancing if changing ends of the court and when taking a break.
- Offer an acknowledgment such as a nod, a thumbs up or a “good match” or a racquet tap instead of shaking players’ hands.
For more COVID-19 information and updates, please visit USTAFlorida.com/Coronavirus