Summer break is right around the corner, meaning registration is now open for the Fort Walton Beach Tennis Center’s Junior Summer Camp. The 8-week, Monday through Friday camp kicks off June 14, 2021.
“We are excited to be able to offer summer camp this year at the Fort Walton Beach Tennis Center,” says Head Tennis Pro Travis Tressler. “Since resuming programming last July, we have been working hard to grow the game in our community. We hope this opportunity will introduce new juniors to the sport while engaging established juniors at the same time.”
Juniors ages 5-13 will learn the fundamentals of tennis in a fun environment, supervised by a USPTA Certified Professional. Activities will include tennis instruction, drills, and games. All skill levels are welcome. Discounts are available with the purchase of multiples weeks and are highlighted below.
“Our goal is to offer juniors a welcoming, safe environment both on and off the court,” adds Tressler. “Juniors will have the opportunity to learn and play tennis, get some exercise, spend time outdoors and overall, have a good time.”
Junior Summer Camp (Ages 5-13)
Half Day: Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Full Day: Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 8:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – Check-in
- 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. – Warm-up
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – Tennis Instruction/Drills
- 10:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. – Break
- 10:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Tennis Games
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Lunch Break
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Tennis Games
- 1:00 p.m. – HALF DAY PICKUP
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Daily Group Sport Game
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Tennis Group Games
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Kid’s Choice of Games
- 3:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. – Break
- 3:45 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Match Play or Tennis Games
- 5:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. – FULL DAY MANDATORY PICKUP (late pickup fees will apply)
|*Discounts available: $5.00 discount for 2 weeks or more, $10.00 discount for 3 weeks or more, $15.00 discount for 4 weeks or more|
Refunds will be issued in the following capacities:
- If a camper has pre-paid and is not able to attend due to illness a full refund will be issued
- If a camper becomes ill and leaves camp, a prorated refund or credit will be provided for any unused portion of the registration
Parents and participants are asked to review the facility’s summer camp COVID guidelines and safe play guidelines for preparation, during play, and after play safety. These protocols have been carefully developed by USTA Florida and the USTA Florida Tennis Management Division to ensure compliance with state and local public health requirements.
For more details on the Fort Walton Beach Tennis Center’s 2021 junior summer camp, please visit www.FWBtenniscenter.com/Events.